Friday, June 12, 2015

Star Wars: Imperial Assault Miniature Painting - Part III


Stage three of my Imperial Assault paintings involved what the game calls "E-Web Engineers".  The look of the figure is basically a Scout trooper (who rode the speeder bikes in Return of the Jedi) using a large tripod mounted blaster cannon, which was used by the Snowtroopers in Empire Strikes Back.

This figure used both the techniques I used with the normal Stormtroopers and also the dry brushing used on the Imperial Droids for the cannon.  These guys seemed to go pretty fast, and I liked how they ended up.



E-Web Engineer Before:
Here's another photo I found online showing an unpainted figure, since I had already primed mine before taking any pictures.


And here is one of mine after being primed and still on a mount. 



E-Web Engineers After:

Since there were only two of the troopers, I decided to copy what I did with the normal Stormtroopers, and have the Elite version's uniform be spotless with no blaster marks, and then have the normal 'grunt' have battle damage.  I added 'battle-damage' to both of the blaster cannons though, because I thought it would look better.







 I added blaster marks and dirt for on the boots for the 'grunt' version of the trooper, and since there was a lot of black on pants, I thought I'd try painting a hole in the them that could've been caused by a blaster or normal battle wear and tear, with some flesh color showing through just a bit.






 Here are the two E-Web Engineers together and ready to ruin the Rebel's day!


No comments:

Post a Comment